Summary of Essential Functions
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of supplies and equipment requested by using departments.
- Verifies quantities received against packing slips and purchase orders.
- Notifies the appropriate purchasing agent and/or ordering department in regard to any noted order discrepancies.
- Notifies the appropriate purchasing agent and/or ordering department in regard to any obvious significant damage to packaging.
- Determines proper destination of supplies and equipment and assures timely delivery to the designated department.
- Scans in all receiving documents to the appropriate vendor folder.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience as a stock clerk preferred.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Some computer experience required.
- Must have a clean driving record, the ability to drive a motorized vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the receiving of supplies and equipment shipped to the hospital: Inspects all items shipped to hospital to ensure items are not received in a damaged condition. Notifies appropriate purchasing agent and/or ordering department if goods are received in a damaged condition. Ensures supplies and equipment are properly safeguarded.
- Accurately checks quantities received against packing slip and the purchase order. Responsible for notifying the appropriate purchasing agent and/or ordering department in regard to any noted discrepancies.
- When a product is received and a Purchase Order for the product cannot be identified, coordinates with the Purchasing Department to determine whether the product needs a Purchase Order or was ordered on a Credit Card.
- Determines proper destination of supplies and equipment ordered for other departments and assures timely delivery to the designated department. All supplies and equipment are delivered to ordering department in a timely manner. Assures appropriate signatures are on all receiving documents.
- Properly receives items through the Materials Management System. All receiving entries are completed in the computer system in a timely manner. Scans in all receiving documents to the appropriate vendor folder.
- Ships materials and equipment from the hospital including packing of items being shipped. Properly completes documentation (air bills, UPS sheets, and freight tickets) for shipping, tracking and billing purposes.
- Refers items to the Biomedical Engineering department when necessary: All medical equipment is sent to Biomedical Engineering prior to delivering equipment to appropriate department.
- Keeps the receiving areas clean and organized. Packing materials are kept off the floor. Trash and other debris are swept daily. Maintains established policies and procedure objectives, quality assurance and safety programs.
- Responsible for the distribution and receipt of supplies requested by using departments. Fills departmental supply requisitions on ordering day with a minimum of errors. Fills emergency and supplemental requests as they occur. Performs required cycle counts and assists with resolution of count discrepancies. Issue inventory as requested and deliver to the appropriate location.
- Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.